Dates: 2019 TBA | Details: TBA
Cultural and Culinary Oaxaca
It is not too early to get on a waiting list for the tours in 2019. Contact jeana.
Oaxaca is a stunning city, built in the oldest inhabited valley in North America, surrounded by mountains and lovely domed colonial buildings built from green cantara stone. The Colonial Centro is comprised of four plazas with a plethora of activity; bands, concerts, dancing, flag raising and lowering ceremonies, children playing and people watching galore. Discover the place Frommer’s calls “One of the 10 best places to spend a Sunday in Mexico”.
Oaxaca City is surrounded by Zapotec and Miztec ruins, numerous villages where time honored traditions abound and incredible crafts and handwoven masterpieces offer “Arguably the best craft shopping in Mexico”.
Shop direct from the indigenous people who come into the city to sell their wares, discover wonderful restaurants and the local cuisine that is world renowned and visit numerous top class museums.
Experience special culinary tasting menus and a cooking class.
Come and enjoy Oaxaca, which is one of Mexico’s most captivating cities! Oaxaca is an easy city to enjoy!
- Airport pick-up and return
- Sprinter transportation through-out
Gratuities to all hotel personnel, at included meals, luggage handling.
- 7 nights in a centrally located hotel
- 6 Breakfasts, 3 lunches, 2 Cocktail Receptions, 2 Celebratory Dinners
- Visit two fascinating Indigenous markets
- Walking tour of the City Center
- Lunch with a local family in Teotitlan de Valle, the rug makers town
- Tours to 3 archeological sites: Monte Alban, Mitla and Cuilapan
- Tours to several craft villages: Teotitlan del Valle for rugs, San Bartolo Coyotepec for black pottery, San Martin Tilcajete for wooden painted and carved fanciful figures, San Tomas Jalieza for back strap weaving
- El Tule—the 2000 yr old tree
- Valle de Etla and much more
- Snacks and water on the Sprinter provided
- Entrance fees at all included sites
Not included: gratuities to local guides, at your discretion
Per Person Double Occupancy
Cost per Person- Single
Level 11 (moderate)
This tour starts and ends in Oaxaca **Airfare is not included but special prices and recommended times are available, please contact us for more information**
The elevation is 5200 ft- Includes walking through archaeological sites on uneven pavement, and walking in flat areas in Oaxaca City.